Welcome To..........Im So Pissed Off .com
Please register or login in to vent! Thanks!
Please register or login in to vent! Thanks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Best Place To Vent!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister   Original Homepage Original Homepage  Log inLog in  

Wedding rings stolen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Madscrapper

Madscrapper

Wedding rings stolen Empty
PostSubject: Wedding rings stolen   Wedding rings stolen Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:32 pm

I just read this and all I could think is... who would do something like this?!!!! This same thing happened to my friend's mom when she went into the hospital. I guess I'm naive to think that all the people who work in the hospital do it because they care.

ATLANTA -- A local father, already mourning the loss of his 35-year-old wife, is now dealing with the fact his wife's engagement and wedding rings were lost at the hospital.

Home video and family pictures remind Alan Armstrong of his wife, Katherine, who died in late April leaving him to raise 4-year-old Jackson and 1-year-old Adam.

“My youngest one unfortunately will never remember his mother. I mean, he's 20-months-old. All I can do is just tell him how he was the world to her and try to convey somehow how important he was,” Armstrong said. “We find a penny on the ground and I tell him, ‘Your guardian angel, Mommy sent you that.' And he gets all excited that his angel did that.”

Armstrong said that's why it is so important for him to get his wife’s engagement and wedding rings back. They’ve been missing since last Wednesday. That’s when Katherine was airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital after she was involved in a car accident on I-85 near Flat Shoals Road. Armstrong said there is record of her wearing the rings in the emergency room but after that they disappeared.

“Either some staffer stole those rings from a woman who just died in that room, or perhaps they were so negligent in the care of personal belongings that someone else just wandered in,” said Armstrong.

Either way, the rings, which his wife personally designed, are gone.

Armstrong’s boss was so outraged that he’s put up $20,000 to help get them back.

“And I just want to have something for those kids to have that I can say was hers and she cherished and that she would like them to be able to pass on to their wives and their kids,” said Armstrong.

Armstrong said the hospital has promised him a full investigation into what happened to the rings. They were worth about $5,000-$6,000, but the sentimental value makes them much more valuable than that to Armstrong. Anyone with information is asked to call Atlanta Police where he’s filed a report.
Back to top Go down

Wedding rings stolen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome To..........Im So Pissed Off .com :: Venting Central :: Current Events Vents-
Jump to: